Delicious and satisfying... I don't remember where this recipe comes from, but it's a pleaser! Easily doubled. Also, works well with gf pasta and sausage
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g sweet Italian sausage link, casings removed,crumbled
- 2.46 ml crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 822.13 g can Italian plum tomatoes, drained,coarsely chopped
- 354.88 ml whipping cream
- 2.46 ml salt
- 340.19 g pasta
- 44.37 ml minced parsley
- 2 to taste grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and crushed red pepper.
- Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cream, and salt.
- Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 4 minutes.
- (Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water.
- Bring sauce to a simmer.
- Add pasta to sauce and cook until pasta is heated through and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Divide pasta between plates.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve, passing Parmesan separately.
This deserves more than 5 stars! This is an incredible tasting dish. Since I have tons of tomatoes in the garden, I used fresh peeled and seeded tomatoes. I made this with whole milk, added a few frozen peas for color, and the pasta we chose was penne. I will definitely make this often. Thanks!!
Let me just say this: YUM. Okay, and I'll say more: I just finished the leftovers for breakfast. This was a very easy dish and tasted like it took much more work. I let the sauce cook down a little more than suggested, and I added more red pepper flakes, and it was wonderful. Thanks for sharing this great recipe GinnyP!
Fabulous!!! Simply fabulous!! Very easy to make and the flavors mixed so well!!! I used canned tomatoes, but next time, BF and I decided that we will try fresh or maybe sundried. Perfect with a salad, bread and bottle of good chianti!