Recipe by GinnyP
Delicious and satisfying... I don't remember where this recipe comes from, but it's a pleaser! Easily doubled. Also, works well with gf pasta and sausage
Top Review by MizzNezz
This deserves more than 5 stars! This is an incredible tasting dish. Since I have tons of tomatoes in the garden, I used fresh peeled and seeded tomatoes. I made this with whole milk, added a few frozen peas for color, and the pasta we chose was penne. I will definitely make this often. Thanks!!
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g sweet Italian sausage link, casings removed,crumbled
- 2.46 ml crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 822.13 g can Italian plum tomatoes, drained,coarsely chopped
- 354.88 ml whipping cream
- 2.46 ml salt
- 340.19 g pasta
- 44.37 ml minced parsley
- 2 to taste grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and crushed red pepper.
- Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cream, and salt.
- Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 4 minutes.
- (Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water.
- Bring sauce to a simmer.
- Add pasta to sauce and cook until pasta is heated through and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Divide pasta between plates.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve, passing Parmesan separately.