Nessie in New York's Note:
This is a really flavorful, easy to make pasta dish. The broccolini is a hybrid vegetable of broccoli and Chinese Kale. It is more tender and sweet than broccoli and less fibrous. Most of it is edible from the stalks to the florets. It really makes the dish better than the usual broccoli or broccoli rabe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice sausage into bite size pieces and cook in large saute pan until fairly well done.
- 2Remove sausage from pan and drain on paper towels.
- 3Meanwhile, rinse broccolini, remove and discard only the ends of the stalks.
- 4Cut the rest of the broccolini into 2" pieces.
- 5Wipe the saute pan clean and heat olive oil.
- 6Add garlic and onion and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- 7Add broccolini and cook for 3 more minutes.
- 8Add can of chopped tomatoes with juice and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 9Add cooked pasta and sausage, tossing well to combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- 10Serve with fresh grated Parmeggiano Cheese and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Sausage and Broccolini
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.5
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 489.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: