This dish has a wonderful smokie flavour and although vegetarian and healthy tastes fantastic. It is easy to make infact I made it up just to get rid of a whole heap of veges to empty the refrigerator before going away! This dish is really flexible, add or subtract anything at all to suit your taste.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 red capsicums
- 4 large mushrooms
- 1 large Spanish onion (red onion)
- 1 large eggplant (Aubergine)
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 500 g dry fettuccine (Cook to packet instructions)
- pecorino cheese (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut Tomatos into eighths, slice Zucchini into strips, cut Capsicum into large squares.
- Place in a"non stick" baking pan, sprinkle with plenty of Salt, Pepper, Olive oil and the Brown sugar.
- Sprinkle the smashed Garlic on top.
- Bake in a 350F or 180C oven for about 40 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile In a saucepan saute onion, add cubed Eggplant and sliced Mushrooms.
- Cover, cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Combine baking pan ingredients into the sauce pan, (scraping in all the pan juices also) when everything is cooked.
- Turn off heat and allow to rest while pasta cooks.
- Mix well into pasta, sprinkle with pecorino and parmesan cheeses if desired.