- 1 lb spaghetti (good quality)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 cloves garlic (depending on size of cloves)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a brisk boil.
- Add salt.
- Add the spaghetti, following directions on the box.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan.
- Slice the garlic thinly and add it to the oil.
- remove the pan from the heat when the garlic turns a pale golden color (do not brown the garlic).
- Add the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1/2-3/4 cup pasta water.
- Drain pasta & stir in the oil.
- Add the water if you think the mixture is too dry.