Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
no-fuss, no-cook, prep-ahead pasta sauce. this is a truly economical AND yummy recipe. I sometimes add cubed cucumber to the sauce. very easy!
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 (250 g) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (900 g) package linguine
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Mix chopped tomatoesCream Cheese, cubed; 3/4 cup olive oil, chopped fresh basil leaves, red wine vinegar, 2 garlic cloves and salt and ground black pepper in large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain.
- Place in large bowl Add tomato mixture and 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts; toss lightly.