Recipe by MilanzMom
A nice pasta dish with a twist on the sauce. Very easy to make. From Chefs.com.
Top Review by *Parsley*
What a great use for summer squash! I had 3 large yellow zucchini, so I used all of them for this. The sauce was thick, but not too rich. The lemon flavor took away the heaviness and gave the sauce a lighter touch. Thanx for a unique new use for summer squash!
- 13 ounces farfalle pasta or 13 ounces other pastas
- 4 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow zucchini, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated, plus
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 green shallots, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water 7-10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- Place zucchini in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover pan and steam 4-5 minutes, or until just tender.
- Combine cornflour and water in a bowl.
- Stir in next 4 ingredients.
- Melt butter in a heavy nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Stir in cream mixture and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring until mixture begins to thicken. Stir in shallots and zucchini.
- Serve sauce over warm pasta.