Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Posting for ZWT 7. This recipes comes from epicurious.
Make and share this Pasta With Kielbasa and Swiss Chard recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb swiss chard (preferably red, from 1 bunch)
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, quartered lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 lb penne
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus additional for serving
- Cut out center ribs and stems from chard, then thoroughly wash, along with leaves, in several changes of cold water. Cut ribs and stems crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces and coarsely chop leaves.
- Cook kielbasa in oil in a 5-quart heavy pot over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Cook chard ribs and stems with salt in fat remaining in pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add chard leaves, water, and red-pepper flakes and simmer, partially covered, until chard stems are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove lid and stir in kielbasa.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, then reserve 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water and drain pasta in a colander. Add pasta to chard mixture with cheese and salt to taste and toss until combined well. Thin with some of reserved pasta water if necessary.
Very good!! Next time I will add a can of drained and rinsed cannellini beans.
This was total comfort food and we loved it. Easy and delicious, doesn't get much better than that!
Wow... what a dish! The kilbasa and chard mixed with the bland pasta, then all mixed up with cheese, I knew we'd love it. Will certainly make again. Kilbasa is one of our favorites, so this will go directly into our keeper file. Thanks for sharing such a loveley dish. Made for ZWT7 Shady Ladies.