1/1 Photo of Pasta With Crispy Prosciutto and Arugula Pesto
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE PESTO
- 1/2 cup firmly packed arugula leaf
- 2 cloves roasted garlic or 1/2 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
FOR THE PASTA
- 1Combine the first three pesto ingredients (arugula, garlic and walnuts) in a blender or food processor and pulse to a coarse consistency.
- 2Drizzle in the olive oil and continue to pulse/blend until the pesto is the consistency you prefer. I like it somewhere in between smooth and coarse. You can adjust the ingredients further to your tastes if you like.
- 3Finally, either stir or process in the 2 tablespoons of parmesan.
- 4Heat the 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat and when hot, add the prosciutto, trying to keep it generally in a single layer as much as possible. Fry for about a minute, turn and fry an additional minute or until crispy. You can kind of visually tell when it’s there by the browning and how it's somewhat stiff when turning. Drain on paper towels.
- 5Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente and drain well. Fold in as much of the pesto as you like, then the prosciutto and the sun-dried tomatoes, if using.
- 6Finally, garnish with parmesan cheese and EAT, baby, EEEEEAT!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Crispy Prosciutto and Arugula Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.5
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 84.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: