Recipe by Student Sarah
This isn't a creamy pasta. It looks nice and tastes pretty good. Tastes good with a salad of baby spinach, Roma tomatoes, and feta cheese with a basil dressing! I kinda modified this recipe from allrecipes.com. On that site, it's called: Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
Top Review by Kati G.
This recipe is FANTASTIC!! It's so very easy to make and tastes even better as leftovers. I did add extra garlic cloves and my husband and I eat garlic every chance we get! Turned out perfect! Thanks so much for the great recipe!!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small 1 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion (I used the sweet)
- 2 chopped garlic cloves or 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (or more)
- 24 ounces pasta shells
- fresh strips basil (as much as you want)
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a fairly large skillet, warm oil and add chicken. Cook for about 15 minutes over medium-high heat. At the same time, a pot of hot water needs to be put on to boil.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until the garlic is golden and onions are soft. Near the end of this step, add some basil.
- When the water starts to boil, add pasta and cook until slightly firm.
- Drain pasta and put back in pot. Pour chicken mixture into pot and stir well.
- Add remaining basil and keep mixing.
- Serve with some parmesan cheese on top.