This is something I threw together the other night. The roasted red peppers give this dish a really nice flavor. I think adding some cooked sausage, chicken, or ground turkey would also go well with this and really make it a one-pot supper. the spice measurements here are approximate - I just shake in until I feel like there's enough, so feel free to add/subtract whatever you'd like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g can diced tomatoes
- 453.59 g can roasted red peppers, sliced
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 354.88 ml tomato basil pasta sauce
- 226.79 g dried short spiral shaped pasta, cooked to al dente
- grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
- 1Heat olive oil in a pot big enough to hold all ingredients over medium-high heat.
- 2Add garlic and broccoli and allow to sauté, covered, about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Add tomatoes (scoop out of can with a fork and add about half of the juice, or more if you like) and roasted red peppers.
- 4Add spices, mixing well.
- 5Cover, adjust heat if necessary, and allow to cook until broccoli is just tender.
- 6Add pasta and sauce and stir well.
- 7Top with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Broccoli and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2353.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 19.9 g