An easy meatless recipe that works well with any kind of small pasta.
Make and share this Pasta with Beans and Spinach Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- Cook pasta until just tender.
- Ladle 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid into bowl and reserve.
- Drain pasta.
- Saute onion& garlic in oil, then add 1 T water to skillet& cook over medium heat until onion is golden and tender, stirring often.
- Add 1 c reserved pasta cooking liquid, spinach& tomatoes to skillet.
- Cover& cook until spinach wilts, about 3 minutes.
- Add cannellini beans& pasta.
- Cover& cook until heated, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cheese& season with salt& pepper.
I used the chickpeas too as I didn't have any cannellini beans. I didn't have any parmesan and used Ramono which is a little stronger, but fabulous. Thank you
I'm always looking for a meatless, high protein meal during Lent. This was wonderful. Very filling and healthy. Served with whole grain bread, salad, and, of course, red wine.
I made this for myself and my boyfriend and it was so yummy! I used whole wheat pasta and surprisingly he still liked it a lot. Thanks I'll be making this again!