Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy meatless recipe that works well with any kind of small pasta.
Make and share this Pasta with Beans and Spinach Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- Cook pasta until just tender.
- Ladle 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid into bowl and reserve.
- Drain pasta.
- Saute onion& garlic in oil, then add 1 T water to skillet& cook over medium heat until onion is golden and tender, stirring often.
- Add 1 c reserved pasta cooking liquid, spinach& tomatoes to skillet.
- Cover& cook until spinach wilts, about 3 minutes.
- Add cannellini beans& pasta.
- Cover& cook until heated, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cheese& season with salt& pepper.
I used the chickpeas too as I didn't have any cannellini beans. I didn't have any parmesan and used Ramono which is a little stronger, but fabulous. Thank you
I'm always looking for a meatless, high protein meal during Lent. This was wonderful. Very filling and healthy. Served with whole grain bread, salad, and, of course, red wine.
I made this for myself and my boyfriend and it was so yummy! I used whole wheat pasta and surprisingly he still liked it a lot. Thanks I'll be making this again!