Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I made this one night not knowing what my family would think. They loved it and asked me to repeat it again sometime. Its a lovely blend of flavors, try it for yourself.
- 6 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place onions, oil and butter in 3 quart casserole. Microwave uncovered on Medium-High 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain onions.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- Cook bacon in 10 inch skillet over low heat, turning occasionally, until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Chop bacon into small pieces.
- Heat whipping cream to boiling in 2 quart saucepan.
- Mix in 1 cup of the cheese and onions.
- Pour over fettuccine.
- Toss to coat.
- Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle with bacon.