Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Asparagus, at its tender best this month, adds vibrant color to our vegetarian springtime dish. You could also use gemelli or anyother short pasta.
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (5 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- In large saucepan, cook orzo in salted water. Drain, reserving 1 1/4 cups water from cooked pasta.
- In large, deep nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add garlic and thyme, and cook 30 seconds more. Stir in peas, spinach, lemon peel, and reserved pasta cooking water. Increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Stir in orzo, butter, and lemon juice. Transfer to serving bowl, and sprinkle with feta cheese and mint.