Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Very easy pasta dish. I use thin spaghetti in this.
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium red pepper, julienned
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 12 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- Cook bacon in lg skillet until crisp.
- Add onions and garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Add peppers, cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, heat through.
- Serve over pasta.
Oh Wow!! We enjoyed this so much. I drained out almost all of the bacon grease and still got a nice smoky bacon flavor. I used angel hair pasta. This is so packed with flavor--garlic, pepper and onion. Just too good. Thanks Inez.
Fabulous, made this dish last night, we all loved it, definatly a keeper. Thanks
Oh man, is this good. The bacon makes all the difference! Adds a nice smoky flavor. We didn't have a jalapeno so I omitted it and it was just fine without it. Also, I drained the fat off the bacon after cooking it (except for about a tablespoon). I used regular spaghetti and served with a salad. It was great! Thanks, Inez, for another winner.