Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good side dish. Bacon and corn make this a sweet and smoky combo in this creamy pasta dish. It's best if you use thick smokey bacon and corn that is in season and cut off the cob. Simple to make and delicious!!
- 1 lb dried pasta shells
- 4 ounces bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 4 cups of sweet fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tarragon
- In a 6 to 8 quart pan over high heat, bring about 4 quarts of water to a boil; add shells and cook, stirring occasionally, until barely tender to bite, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 10 to 12 inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir bacon until browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel to drain.
- Add enough butter to pain to equal about 3 tablespoons of fat; when melted add shallots and stir until limp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add corn, wine, and cream.
- Boil, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Drain shells and return to pan.
- Stir in corn mixture, bacon and tarragon.
- Pour into a wide serving bowl.
Sorry I did not enjoy this recipe because lack of flavor. Needs more spices to liven it up Sorry E.A.