Recipe by teresas
Yep! Another seafood salad. This one is from "KCTS Cooks-Favorite Recipes" cookbook. Sent in by Carol out of Seattle. She says this is one of her favorite pasta salads. She has brought this salad to lots of potlucks and it has always been a great hit! I haven't tried it yet so if you do, please let me know how it turns out. :)
Top Review by breezermom
Delicious! Love the lemony flavor. Also loved that it is cold....it has been so hot here it is refreshing to eat something so flavorful and cool. Cut the recipe in half, and it was still enough for 4 or 5! Thanks for sharing....made for FYC tag game.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, small, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 -10 ounces angel hair pasta
- Marinate shrimp, onion, celery, salt and lemon pepper in the Italian dressing in a large salad bowl.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water, to which a dollop of cooking oil has been added, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Toss together the pasta and marinate mixture.
- Add mayonnaise, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss salad; sprinkle more cheese on top.