Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salad comes from an Italian cooking magazine called "Subito Pronto". That translates to immediately ready. (Update: after the first review I double checked the recipe and it does call for 1 cup of olive oil; it might be an error made by the magazine, I haven't try the recipe myself yet so I'm not going to change the recipe for now)
- In a large pan bring to boil 10 cups of salted water; add the fava beans and cook for 5 minutes. Drain a divide in two equal portions.
- Save one for later and put the other half in a blender with half of the fresh basil, half the olives, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water for 10 to 12 minutes until it is al dente.
- Drain and cool under cold running water. Place in a large bowl and add the fava –basil puree, mixing well until well coated.
- Then add the rest of the olives, corn and salmon, toss around and decorate with the remaining basil and salmon roe.