Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This pasta salad is fequently requested at family get-togethers. The poppy seed dressing is also delicious in coleslaw or with a tossed salad. From Taste of Home Salads and Side Dishes. Note: Time does not include 1 hour chill time.
- 453.59 g package bow tie pasta
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 473.18 ml broccoli florets
- 236.59 ml sliced carrot
- 236.59 ml diced cucumber
- 236.59 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion
- 118.29 ml cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2.46 ml ground mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 19.71 ml poppy seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add cheese, broccoli, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes an onions. In a blender, combine vinegar, sugar, garlic, onion, mustard and salt; gradually add oil, blending until smooth. Add poppy seeds. Pour over pasta mixture and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
When I'm making pasta salad, especially during grilling season, this is my go-to recipe. So good, I could eat this every week during the summer months! I use sprial pasta instead of bow tie, and omit the cheese. Instead, I add a can of rinsed and drained red kidney beans. Thank you for posting this here.
Had thought about making this for a potluck we were to attend, but instead it was made sooner than expected & shared with a neighbor couple as well as my vegetarian son & DIL! Everyone loved this absolutely wonderful salad ~ So full of flavor, so satisfying! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the current Best of 2011 recipe tagging event]
This salad was excellent! The flavours of the veggies with the pasta and poppy seeds were so good! Ive never had a pasta salad quite like this before, but I loved it! :) Very, very yummy and also fit for company as it is a rather elegant version.
I didnt have any cucumber in the house, so just used red bell pepper instead, which was nice, too. I thought the full amount of dressing would be too much, so I reduced the vinegar and oil a tad and the sugar quite a bit, which was perfect for us.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Crafty Lady!
Made and reviewed for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #50 March 2011.