Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a family favorite that used to be called "Grammy Tinella's Italian Pasta Salad" I have tweaked it to now be Angie's Pasta Salad. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs pasta (Ziti, Rigatoni, Shells etc)
- 2 (2/3 ounce) packages Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) jar roasted red peppers (undrained)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinated mushrooms (drained)
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 1 lb cheese, your choice, I use Sharp Cheddar cut in to small chunks
- 1 pepperoni (cut into chunks)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash onion powder
- Cook pasta as directed on box.
- Remove the peppers from the jar and cut into smaller bite sized pieces and put in bowl with juice from jar.
- Cut broccoli crowns down to smaller bite size pieces removing most of the stems put in bowl with the drained marinated mushrooms, and bite sized chunks of cheese and pepperoni.
- Make one envelope of the Good Seasons dressing but instead of the red wine vinegar, use balsamic combine the prepared dressing into the bowl with 1 tsp of onion powder, 3tbs of sugar (or to taste) and S&P to taste.
- Once pasta is complete, cool and add to bowl and mix. Refrigerate until cool and serve.
- Please Note: I am Italian and I was never taught to cook using measurements so, the measurements are an estimate, use your judgment. You can add and delete any items in the recipe. I have omitted the cheese and pepperoni and added eggplant. Use your imagination.