Recipe by Karen
This is a good freezer recipe so that you can make one for today and one for the future.
Top Review by flyingmonkey
I used 1 large onion, some EVOO instead of butter, and mozzarella instead of cheddar cheese. My husband said it was the best pasta dish I've ever made. Thanks for the recipe!
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral shaped pasta (, I use rotini)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 16 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions, mushrooms, green pepper and garlic in butter until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain the pasta and add to the vegetable mix.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer into two 8 x 8 inch baking dishes that are greased.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and freeze one for up to 1 month.
- Cover and bake the second one at 350º for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 5 minutes more.
- To use the frozen casserole, put in the refridgerator for 24 hours.
- Take out of fridge 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350º for 50-60 minutes or until heated through.