Recipe by MarylandMomof3
This tastes like cheddar mac & cheese with chicken and broccoli thrown in. Recipe taken from San Giorgio pasta box.
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless cut in 1/2-inch chunks (I used 2 C cooked chicken)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, cook until no longer pink. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly; DO NOT BROWN.
- Add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture boils. Reduce heat to low; add 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts.
- Toss hot pasta and broccoli with sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve immediately.