This tastes like cheddar mac & cheese with chicken and broccoli thrown in. Recipe taken from San Giorgio pasta box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless cut in 1/2-inch chunks (I used 2 C cooked chicken)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes.
- 3Add chicken, cook until no longer pink. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly; DO NOT BROWN.
- 4Add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture boils. Reduce heat to low; add 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts.
- 5Toss hot pasta and broccoli with sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta & Cheddar Chicken Divan
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.5
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 350.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 24.0 g