This recipe is very good served over pasta or rice. I have also used turkey instead of chicken so bear that in mind when you want to use up leftover turkey.
- Ready In:
- 2 bunches fresh broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- salt & pepper
- 3 whole chicken breasts, cooked and thinly sliced
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook broccoli in salted water until just tender.
- Place in a 12x8 baking dish.
- Melt butter in saucepan; blend in flour.
- Add chicken broth all at once and cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Stir in cream and wine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half the sauce over the broccoli.
- Top with chicken slices.
- To remaining sauce, add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and pour over chicken and sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
- Bake in 350 oven for 20 minutes or until hot.
- Then broil until top is golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
AMAZING! Well, I didnt follow the recipe from A to Z.. I used it as a base. The only difference I did was add some chopped green scallions and some chopped garlic to the sauce mixture. I totally agree with what the other guy said about can of soups. I really loved the flavor of this sauce, I could just drink it on its own.. well maybe not but it really is yummy. Oh, and I used Riesling for the wine. Mmmhm YUM-O! P.S I gave it a 4 because i added the garlic and scallions myself.