Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
from Cooking Light
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (15 3/4 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked penne (tube-shaped pasta)
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (16 ounce) canother white beans, rinsed and drained
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry (about 1/3 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrot, onion, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add the oregano, salt, pepper, broth, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add pasta, beans, and spinach; cook 14 minutes or until pasta is done, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
With more broth sounds like it would make a yummy soup. I will make as is and probaly eat it all. can't waite to try.