Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Nice for shower or party use. Serves lots.
Make and share this Pasta and Vegetable Salad with Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb vermicelli
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 medium mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli floret, blanched
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas, blanched or 1 package frozen snow peas, thawed
- 12 cherry tomatoes or 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chicken, cubed (can be left out for vegetarian)
- 1⁄2 cup pinole nuts (pine) (optional)
- Cook vermicelli as directed on box. Drain. Place in large bowl.
- Whisk well oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic until well blended.
- Pour 1/3 of dressing on mushrooms, broccoli, peas, tomatoes or peppers. Stir and chill 3 hours in separate bowl.
- When ready to serve add chicken and nuts.
This was really delicious. Someone else mentioned skipping some ingredients. Not us :)
This was awesome. I used whole grain noodles and balsamic & raspberry vinegars, since that's what I had. Still turned out awesome. Loved, loved, loved it!!! Oh, also skipped the broccoli & pea,s we just used red onions, green peppers, and something else I can't remember. We had some veggies to use up. No nuts either. :)