Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not sure where I got this from. The only note I have written on it is that this is a traditional Sicilian sauce.
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 8 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 56.69 g can anchovy fillets, drained, and chopped
- 5 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 453.59 g spaghetti or 453.59 g bucatini pasta
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onion over medium heat until soft.
- Add the garlic and saute until beginning to color. Don't over cook, it will get bitter.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minute.
- Cook pasta as directed on package until al dente and drain.
- Add basil and anchovies the the sauce the last few minutes of cooking and stir in well.
- Toss with hot cooked pasta.