Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I used to make these all the time when my kids were little. These rollups are not just for Passover, you can make them with regular flour for all year round.
- Combine the oil and water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once.
- Mix well, until mixture pulls away from side of pan.
- Remove from the heat.
- Mix for 5 minutes, then add eggs one at a time.
- Mix for another minute.
- Divide the dough into 12 portions.
- Shape the dough around each hot dog.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake until hot dogs are sizzling and rolls are done, about 20-30 minutes.
Mmmmmmm this was really good!! I used a bit of extra water because the dough was too dry .. Everyone loved it thanks!!
I've made these for a few years now for Passover. It tastes (and looks) a lot like a corn dog. My kids love these. If I loved corn dogs maybe I'd love it too :). But still, it is a cheap, quick, easy meal on Passover that makes my kids happy.
I didn't have time to make these during passover so I decided to make them after using up my matza meal. My husband really liked them he said they were like a corn dog. Maybe next passover I will buy wooden sticks to make them more authentic! Maybe the dough can be used for other items too. Thanks for sharing a great idea.