Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a passionfruit syrup that's needed in Fruit Punch-Non Alcoholic
Make and share this Passionfruit Syrup recipe from Food.com.
- Put water and sugar into saucepan and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the passionfruit pulp, lemon juice and tartaric acid.
- Boil for another 3 minutes then take off heat.
- Strain out seeds and pulp, and pour the mixture into a clean bottle.
- Keep the bottle of sauce in the refrigerator and use it within a month.
I tasted this as I went, so added 25% less sugar and skipped the lemon (and tartaric acid) since the passion fruit was plenty tart on its own. Used this over french toast and it was delicious, very fresh.
I made this to go into Fruit Punch-Non Alcoholic the syrup was easy to make and very yummy. I will make it again to put over ice cream. Thanks Jan
Made this 'cause I needed it for another recipe I had in mind! And, since it worked so well in the other recipe, the only thing I can do here is to rate it VERY, VERY GOOD! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Make My Recipe cooking game]