Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
What you see is what you get. No filler added. Wonderful warm, delicious cold. An anytime hit.
- 3 tablespoons curing salt (such as Morton's, NOT coarse or pickling salt)
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 lbs lean ground beef
- Measure first 5 spices into large bowl. Mix. Add water. Stir well.
- Mix in half the meat first, then add and mix in second half.
- Shape into 5 rolls, about 2 inches in diameter. Roll snugly in foil.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours. Poke holes on top and bottom of foil.
- Arrange on broiler pan or tray. Cook in 300°F oven for 2 hours.
- Wrap in freezer-weight foil and freeze for up to 6 months. Makes about 4 1/2 pounds.
- Company's Coming.