Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe was found on the back of a bag (5 3/4oz bag) of M&Ms - the price? $.29 for the bag... wow - times have changed - the recipe also calls for Robin Hood Flour. Enjoy! Just to make life easier 1/8 cup is 2 tbsp.
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- Cream shortening and sugars.
- Add Egg and vanilla.
- Combine baking soda, and salt with flour (don't sift).
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of M&Ms
- Drop by 1 inch balls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 375 F for 10-12 minutes.
These cookies were good! Made some for my 3 and 4 year old and they just loved them. Very soft and chewy! Next time I think I will double up on the recipe. Thanks***
I love this recipe I doubled it on the website and used a whole 14oz bag of m&m's. The cookies were chewy and moist.
These are really good. The dough itself is absolutely perfect! I did feel that there was a bit too many M&M's though. I will either decrease them to about 1/2 a cup or straight swap them for the mini M&Ms. Either way, I will definitely make these again!