Recipe Junkie's Note:
These are pork chops made with limeade and fresh limes. From the book, Caramel Knowledge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine limeade concentrate and only 2 limeade cans water.
- 2Put flour, salt and paper in a bag.
- 3Drop 1 chop into the bag.
- 4Shake until covered with flour.
- 5Repeat with remaining chops.
- 6In large frying pan, over medium heat melt butter and add 1 c of the limeade.
- 7Cook chops in 2 batches each as follows:.
- 8Cook 10 minutes on each side.
- 10Spoon on 1/2 of the jar of chutney.
- 11Cook 10 minutes more.
- 12Turn over again and top with 1/3 of the lime slices.
- 13Cook 10 minutes more, covered or until done.
- 14Remove to platter.
- 15Cover with foil and keep warm.
- 16Add 1 c limeade to pan, then cook second batch of chops as above, adding chutney and lime slices when called for.
- 17Return the first batch of chops to the pan with the second, adding a bit more limeade if needed, and heat through 5 to 10 minutes.
- 18Serve with sauce including cooked lime slices;.
- 19scatter the remaining third of the fresh limes as decorations.
Browse Our Top Lime Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Participatory Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.5
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 98.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Major Grey chutney