Recipe by Recipe Junkie
These are pork chops made with limeade and fresh limes. From the book, Caramel Knowledge.
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
- flour (for dredging)
- salt and pepper
- 8 -10 pork chops
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Major Grey chutney (a style, not a brand)
- 2 fresh limes, thinly sliced, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine limeade concentrate and only 2 limeade cans water.
- Put flour, salt and paper in a bag.
- Drop 1 chop into the bag.
- Shake until covered with flour.
- Repeat with remaining chops.
- In large frying pan, over medium heat melt butter and add 1 c of the limeade.
- Cook chops in 2 batches each as follows:.
- Cook 10 minutes on each side.
- Spoon on 1/2 of the jar of chutney.
- Cook 10 minutes more.
- Turn over again and top with 1/3 of the lime slices.
- Cook 10 minutes more, covered or until done.
- Remove to platter.
- Cover with foil and keep warm.
- Add 1 c limeade to pan, then cook second batch of chops as above, adding chutney and lime slices when called for.
- Return the first batch of chops to the pan with the second, adding a bit more limeade if needed, and heat through 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with sauce including cooked lime slices;.
- scatter the remaining third of the fresh limes as decorations.