Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 6 ounces mushroom caps, portobello
- 2⁄3 cup cooked ham, about 3 ounces, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2⁄3 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 cups parsnips, shredded, about 1 pound
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup gouda cheese, shredded, about 2 ounces
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- .Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove brown gills from undersides of portobello mushroom caps using a spoon, and discard gills. Chop to measure 3½ cups.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped ham; sauté 2 minutes stirring frequently. Add onion and shallots; sauté 5minutes or until tender. Add mushroom and broth, cook 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add parsnip and pepper, cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine breadcrumbs and parsley sprinkle over mushroom mixture. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.