Yummy and Fast sauce. It can be as spicy as you like this recipe has some kick. Use more seeds for more spice. If you can get dried Kashmiri-style chiles your sauce will be more authentic and red. The dish can be stored in the fridage for 4-6 days. It can be frozen as well. I always freeze the leftover sauce to use in a jam in the future.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -15 kashmiri chilies (or fresh red chilies)
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 cloves
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamoms (black is preferred)
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/2-2 lbs chicken, cup into pieces (with or without bone)
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1If you have Kashiri chilies, soak them in water for 15 minutes.
- 2Combine cumin, coriander and sesame seeds, cloves, peppercorns, cardamoms, ginger, garlic, onions and chopped chilies in a blender or food processor. Puree to a smooth paste, add a little bit of water if necessary.
- 3Heat oil in pot. When hot add spice paste and fry with cinnamon stick for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes. (remove cinnamon stick).
- 5Add tomatoes and 1 teaspoon salt. Fry 5 more minutes.
- 6Add coconut milk and simmer until chicken is almost done.
- 7Add vinegar and masala.
- 8Taste for salt. If it is too spicy add some peeled cubed of potato. The sauce can be diluted with 1/2 - 3/4 cup water.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsee Red Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.2
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 113.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: