Thai Red Chicken Curry
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, Sliced Thinly
- 3 tablespoons valcom authentic Thai red curry paste (May be substituted for another red curry paste but this is the one I found to be the best)
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets, Cut into 3rds
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 can baby new potato, Cut into Halves
- 1 cup coconut milk or 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil, paste
- Saute` onion and curry paste in a medium pan.
- Add Chicken in batches and cook over medium heat until browned.
- Add stock and potatoes.
- Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a terrific dish Beck. We really enjoyed this quick and easy to make curry. It was wonderful on this cold dreary night. So full of flavor and interesting textures. The curry was perfectly balanced. I did add a little red pepper flake to give it the heat my dh likes. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will make again often.
I thought this recipe was very good. It remined me exactly of a dish I had at a Lemon Grass resturaunt on my trip to Jamica. I didn't use the potatoes becuase i don't eat too muany starch foods. Although I did eat over rice. Also, I used one more teaspoon of the red Thai paste because I like things spicy.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 27 year old woman from Melbourne, Australia. I am happily married with one son and we are expecting a new addition to our family in September. My husband and I both love this site and we use it on a regular basis. We have found so many great recipes here and we look forward to finding many more!