Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from Ina Garten of the Barefoot Contessa -- she is all about quick and simple but wonderful and fresh food. This is so easy, it has become my standard for preparing asparagus!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- lemon wedge (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and trim the asparagus stalks (I usually cut off the bottom inch or so) Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a cookie sheet and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan and return to the oven for about one more minute.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Wonderful, wonderful!!! It doesn't get any better than this!
So so simple but so nice, sometimes simple is just the best. Made for a rainbow of colours the diabetic forum March 2011 Thank you for posting.
This was awesome! We had guests for dinner and EVERYONE -- even my picky 13 year-old who "hates" asparagus tried it and loved it. I followed the other reviewer's suggestion and just put a little olive oil, regular salt and pepper in a bowl and kind of rolled each asparagus into this, and it came out great. DEFINITELY the way I will cook asparagus from now on!