Recipe by MountainCook
A great cruncy coating with a kick! This recipe can be used with almost any fish fillet - I use mahi mahi, but it would be good with tilapia, sole, flounder, etc. or even bass, crappie, walleye, or bluegill.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more, if you like it spicier!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 boneless fish fillets (such as mahi mahi or tilapia)
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare three shallow bowls: in the first, put the flour. In the second, the milk; in the third, the bread crumbs, Parmesan, red pepper, pepper, and salt.
- Coat the fillets with the flour, then the milk, and then the bread crumb-Parmesan mixture. Press the mixture into the fish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet, and sauté fillets until golden brown and flesh flakes easily with a fork.