Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is as close as I came to the popovers I just loved at a place down in FL my parents took me to a few years ago.... I added the grated cheese so they had a little zing, but this can be omitted if traditional popovers are desired. A dash of oregano & garlic powder with the grated cheese recipe gives these a little Italian flare... These go great along with a nice steak or any red meat.
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk (whole milk)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 450F with rack on lower shelf.
- Spray 6 large muffin or baking cups with non-stick spray or brush with butter. Sprinkle cups with grated Parmesan cheese.
- In a medium bowl, stir together milk, flour, butter, and salt.
- Beat in eggs only until just combined.
- Fill cups 3/4 full.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake an additional 20 minutes. Brush with butter and serve while still warm.
These were great, we made smaller balls like the monkey bread recipes, but followed your recipe. We added some old bay seasoning as we also made your crab dip and seafood lasagna for company dinner night. One thing was better than the next. We love your recipes. These are so simple to make and present well. We loved them. Again, we used smaller balls & made it more like pull apart bread.