Spelt (Wheat-Free) Popovers
- Ready In:
- In a large bowl, whisk in the yeast to the warm water and stir well. Let it sit for about 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and with an electric beater, mix well. Add the softened butter and egg and using the mixer continue to stir.
- Add the flours and xanthum gum. Stir in the flour well with a spatula. The dough should be a little bit thicker than a muffin batter, but not as stiff as a bread dough. If it is too dry, add a little more water so thin it out some.
- Grease a muffin pan (or a popover pan if you have one) with some buttered flavor pan spray.
- With a ice cream scooper, scoop out into individual muffin cups.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!