1/1 Photo of Parmesan Herb Bread
1 hr 20 mins
Swan Valley Tammi's Note:
This originally came from one of my aunts years and years ago. My mom and I thought we'd lost it, but hoo-ray, we found it today!! Now we won't ever lose it again! (cook time includes rising time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, dried and crushed
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope fast rise yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup golden flavour Crisco shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon golden flavour Crisco shortening
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Set aside 1 cup of flour. Mix remaining flour, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, sugar, onion salt, celery salt, oregano, and yeast.
- 2Combine water, milk, and 1/3 cup shortening in a saucepan and heat just until boiling. Stir into dry ingredients.
- 3Add egg and mix in enough of the reserved flour to make a stiff dough.
- 4Divide between 2 greased 1-quart (1 liter) loaf pans. Cover and let rise in warm place until almost double -- about 30 minutes.
- 5Brush loaves with 1 tablespoons melted shortening and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- 6Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Herb Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1621.2
- Calories from Fat 528
- Total Fat 58.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 149.2 mg
- Sodium 561.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 224.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 45.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: