Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Husband is dieting. He loves this!Recipe from- Betty Crocker's Healthy New Choices Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lb ocean perch (or other lean fish filets)
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Move oven rack to position slightly above middle of oven.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray rectangular pan,13 x 9 x 2 with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients except fish, margarine, and parsley.
- Brush one side of fish with margarine, dip into crumb mixture.
- Place fish, coated sides up, in pan.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 20 mins, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Sprinkle with Parsley!
Delicious, No wonder your Dh loves this fish, It is SOOooo Good and easy to make , My Dh sure liked it. A good way to cook fish and cut back on fats. The recipe is a Keeper, thank you for posting, Come join us in Zaar tag.
This recipe is delicious! It was a hit with all the family. I didn't have any paprika on hand, so I substituted with cayenne pepper. It was a bit spicy, but still great. Next time will make with paprika. Also, I used organic butter instead of margarine which is healthier. All in all, this recipe is a keeper!
This was delightfully good! Very refreshing and easy to make. I put in 1/2 tsp salt for 1.13 pounds fish, and that was too much - I'll use 1/4 tsp next time. I upped the paprika some, and regretted that too (even though I like spicy). I did add a sprinkle of garlic powder to the seasoning mix (good) and used real butter (good, too). I found the fish wasn't completely cooked at 20 minutes, and the top was starting to burn. Might reduce heat to 350 F next time and cook longer. It smelled fantastic. All in all, delicious dish!