Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
What goes better with a big plate of spaghetti better than a savory Italian bread? Nothing, of course! This is a nice, soft, and airy recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry active yeast
- Place all ingredients in pan according to bread manufacturer.*.
- Set for white bread, medium to dark crust.
- * I like putting the dry herbs in with the water to rehydrate them a bit. I think it adds a bit more flavor.
I used the basic recipe but added 2 tbls. olive oil, since I wanted to use this as sandwich bread instead of a French-type bread. I also subbed dried onion flakes for the onion powder, and since my bread machine is getting old, and doesn't do the rise cycles well, I used it for the knead cycle and then finished bread by hand (2 rises and bake). Result was a nice texture and great flavor. Made a great meatloaf sandwich with it using your Ww Mighty Meatloaf. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.
Wolf this was a great bread to have with pasta. We enjoyed it with our Ravioli tonight. I loved the parmesan cheese and spices in the bread.