Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I am posting this recipe for safe keeping, as I haven't had the chance to make it yet and I SO desperately want to! It sounds delish!
- 1⁄2 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 pepper, thinly sliced, any color
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package Knorr parma rosa sauce mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked and well drained
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, brown sausage, breaking it up well for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add onion and red pepper, cooking an additional 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Blend sauce mix and milk.
- Add to meat and vegetable mixture, bringing to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes, while continuing to stir.
- In a large serving bowl, toss hot pasta with the sauce and your desired amount of cheese. Garnish with parsley and freshly ground pepper.
Quick & easy recipe. We normally do a ham parma version so we decided to try this variation. It was quite different but we really enjoyed it. I cut back the pasta & increased the sausage. I also added some tomato pasta sauce & cream cheese for a richer/thicker sauce. I enjoyed the addition of the peppers & onions. Tasty recipe, thank for sharing.