Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple ingredients come together to make ordinary potatoes into a gourmet dish! This recipe does not use pre-cut potatoes, which can be very costly. You can use them if you wish however.
- Cut rounded balls from the potatoes using a melon baller. They should be around 1 inch in diameter. Plan to serve 5, or 7 per person. (use the remaining bits of potato for soup, or mashed potatoes).
- These can be made the day before. Put them in cold salted water, covered, in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, drain and pat dry.
- Saute the potatoes over medium heat in the oil and butter in a large frying pan.
- Stir or shake often. Continue to saute until they are done. (fork tender) this should take 20 - 25 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and the garlic. Saute for another 2 minutes. Don't let the garlic burn!
- Add chopped parsley, and serve on individual plates.
I must say this was delicious! I did not have a melon baller so I just sliced the potatoes thinly, browned them on both sides and followed the rest of the recipe. They were so full of flavor! Thanks for a keeper Caroline
These were delicious!! The only thing I would do is to use more potato, one potato isn't nearly enough for 4 servings!