Lee Hock's Note:
A Creamy but pareve version of the well-known green bean casserole. Even more delicious though. I wanted to make this one day and searched the internet for a recipe, when I couldn't find it, I made up my own recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt margarine over medium heat.
- 2add onion and sauté until translucent.
- 3Add mushrooms and sauté until soft.
- 4Stir in flour. Cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Add the soy milk or non dairy creamer little by little, letting the flour-mushroom mixture absorb it.
- 6You should now have what looks similar to a creamy mushroom soup.
- 7Remove from heat and mix in garlic, salt, pepper, and green beans.
- 8Place in a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- 9Top with French fried onions.
- 10Bake at 350 uncovered for 30 minutes, watch to make sure the onions on top don’t burn.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pareve Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 452.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: