Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
from today's paper- i have quicker au gratin recipes, but am always open to a new one, love using those le creuset pans
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 7 cloves garlic, chopped
- pepper, to taste
- 6 russet potatoes, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- preheat oven to 375.
- combine cream, milk and spices in saucepan, boil and simmer 30 minutess.
- grease an au gratin pan.
- layer potatoes,season w/salt and pepper add cream mixture.
- continue layering process until all potatoes are gone, add remainder of sauce, dot with butter, cover, bake 45 minutes covered.
- uncover and bake 45 minutes longer, until browned.
Chia, thank you for this recipe but instead of eating them I should just apply them to my hips as that is where all the weight seems to go! Seriously these are wonderful despite the calories. Tasted great with the spicy pork roast I fixed and kept the house warm for a couple of hours durring the baking time. Thank You!