Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy chicken and gravy recipe for those rushed weeknight meals.
Make and share this Paprika Chicken With Sour Cream Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 8 ounces sour cream
- In a ziploc baggie, combine flour and seasonings.
- Add chicken and shake to coat.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Brown chicken in butter, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add soup and onions to skillet.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until internal juices of chicken run clear.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
The verdict is in and we have a WINNER! This a great one dish meal you can have on the table in less than 30 minutes. I was out of cayenne, so I sustituted by using more hot paprika (half and half), and out of green onions, so I chopped a yellow onion and added a bit of chives for the color in the sauce. I could have licked the pot clean to get at all that gravy! The DH, and 2 coworkers raved! I am too!
This chicken had just the right amount of spice and was so tender! I followed the directions exactly and would not change a thing. I served on top of white rice and my "picky" family loved it. This recipe is a definite "Keeper"!
WOW!! So quick and easy to make. This was great! I served this with rice and next time will serve with mashed potatoes. If I could of I would have eaten it all myself. I used yellow onions since I had no green onions and it tasted great. Thanks for a winner.