Rich Sour Cream Gravy
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this going through some of my mothers old recipes. I know she made this often and it is delicious.
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot poultry drippings from a roasting chickens
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon miniced dried onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- Pour drippings from the roast poultry into a 2-cup glass container. Skim off the fat.
- Return 1/4 cup of fat to roasting pan.Blend 2 tablespoons of flour into the fat in the pan.
- Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes. Loosening bits crusty bits in pan.
- Add Worrcestershire sauce, basil, onion, salt and pepper to juices in the glass measuring cup.
- Add enough water to make 2 cups.
- Stir into mixture into roasting pan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly
- Stir the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour into the sour cream.
- Gradually blend 1/2 cup of hot mixture into the sour cream. Stir the sour cream mixtujre into the gravy.
- Cook and stir until bubbly about 1 minute more.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION