Sausage and Cheddar Sour Cream Gravy
photo by under12parsecs
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup turkey sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 pinch cayenne
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook and crumble sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat if not using precooked sausage. When no longer pink add all spices.
- Add butter to skillet and melt. If your sausage had more fat, you may not need all/any butter. Sprinkle flour over pan and whisk to get rid of any lumps and mix with butter. Cook 1 minute.
- Add all milk at once, whisking to ensure gravy stays smooth. Reduce heat to med-low.
- Add sour cream and cheese. Continue cooking til cheese is melted. Serve over hot biscuits.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!