Recipe by Kim D.
When I was in college, I worked at Pappasito's as a waitress. I LOVED their brochette shrimp and I asked the cook for the recipe. He didn't give me the exact measurements, but he did give me the list of ingredients. I went home and played around with the quantities of the ingredeints and came up with what I think is very close to the real thing!
Top Review by t1l1p63
these are great - the best we've had - they are a bit time-consuming to prepare, but well worth it. Bigger shrimp are key so you have the room for the cheese and pepper. Sam's Club - U15 shrimp - 2lb bag $22 - gives you about 30 nice size shrimp and they are excellent
- 12 large shrimp
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1 fresh jalapeno
- 1 slice monterey jack cheese, thick
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- wooden skewer, soaked in water
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and devein shrimp, leaving the last section and tails intact.
- With a paring knife, carefully slice each shrimp from tail to tip.
- Wash and seed jalapeno, and cut into a pieces about 1/2-inch X 1/2-inch squares.
- Cut slice of cheese into 12 small pieces.
- Stuff one small piece of cheese and one small piece of jalapeno into each shrimp.
- Wrap a half slice of bacon around each shrimp.
- Place shrimp on a wet skewer.
- Repeat this process until all shrimp have been placed on skewers.
- Place in refrigerator for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Mix the paparika, cayenne pepper and black pepper together.
- In a small skillet, heat butter and white wine until butter is completely melted.
- Prepare grill.
- ~note~I use my indoor grill, but these can be made on an outdoor grill too, but I would use a low flame!
- Remove shrimp from fridge and brush completely with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Grill on each side until shrimp are done.