P F Chang's Shrimp With Lobster Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 lb ground pork, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Peel shrimp and devein. Rinse shrimp and mix with cornstarch and white wine in a bowl. Mix sauce ingredients except cornstarch and marinate ground pork for 15 minutes.
- Add oil in wok and heat over medium-high heat. Stir in shrimp and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove with a strainer and set aside. Reserve oil.
- Reheat wok and add garlic. Cook until aromatic (1 minute), then add the mushrooms and the ground pork, stirring constantly until the color of the pork changes (3 minutes).
- Simmer over medium heat (2 minutes). Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water and then add to pork mixture. Add shrimp back into the pork mixture. Cook until heated through (4 minutes).
- Combine beaten eggs with salt. Clear a space in the pan by pushing everything to the sides and add the beaten egg mixture.
- Allow to set and then scramble quickly (1 minute). Stir all together and serve hot over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!